Followers

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Feeling Good

Many who know me better than just an acquaintance basis know I am a person who wears their heart on their sleeve. Though that makes me vulnerable in some situations, it is also honest. I am someone who can tell a lot by a person's face and particularly the eyes. It hurts sometimes when I can see someone smiling but when I look in their eyes I can see they are close to tears. They hide it but they cannot hide it from me very often and they can never hide it from the Spirit. I guess one reason why I don't usually try to hide my feelings is because I can't hide them from myself. I know how I feel and I don't try to hide it from me.
Most people want to feel good in life. They eat certain foods, drink certain drinks, exercise or do something physical all in an effort to feel good. Some drown their sorrows in alcohol if not to feel good, but to numb themselves from the bad they feel. Some even go so far to sink into the oblivion of addictive drugs to lose all awareness of life. For them, life is so bad they just want to not exist for a little while.
The myth that people have bought into is that feeling good is a physical thing. The remedies they try are physical. They forget that changes in life do not begin in the physical realm but in a spiritual one. Everything worth doing is worth doing right. It requires planning and study to execute correctly. The more important the thing to be done the more careful the planning should be.
Happiness is the chief thing that Heavenly Father wants for all of us. Whether we are good or bad, He wants us to be happy, truly happy. A person who is happy and feels good, makes good choices. They selflessly give to others and work hard on behalf of their families and their families needs. Being happy and feeling good is important and so, as I have stated above, it requires planning on a spiritual level.
first, invite the spirit to be part of your plan. He can be a partner in what you do and guide your choices to do genuinely good things. Choosing good music to listen to and good places to be and good people to be with all implies goodness.
I do not claim to be an expert at this. I have just noticed that the more I try to invite the Spirit into my life and work to maintain an atmosphere around me that encourages his continued presence the better I feel and the more inclined I am to choose good things. I speak more softly and I can radiate a true feeling of happiness, one that when worn on my sleeve, as I am apt to do, is a beautiful feeling to behold.

No comments: