Followers

Monday, June 8, 2009

A lot of work to do and a lot of nowhere to go with it

I have been really moody of late. Over the past six months or so I have been treading water switching from one project to another trying to get something done. Aside from doing Family History research, I also am wrapped up in writing about 6 different books, mostly novels and trying my darnedest to get one of them done. There is so much to do at home that much of my time is focused there and the above two things seem to spend a lifetime on the back burner before they are done. I know I am a good historian and I am a pretty good writer. One thing I am not very good at is shifting gears from one project to another.

I have taken to doing my own Family History work during lunchtimes at work. This has largely been a success but the difficulty lies with the fact that I only have a 1/2 hour lunch. By the time I am really getting into a groove, it is time to pack up and get back to the work they paid me for. On Sundays I am scanning pictures of my own and family. Last night I scanned over 150 but I haven't cataloged any of them yet. I have thousands yet to do as well as finding my negative scanner tray and scanning the film negatives I have. I am sure it is somewhere in my office. During the week, i try to keep up with everything else, House, Cars, garden, yard at large, as well as pitching and doing my share of taking care of the kids like fixing meals, doing laundry, helping with homework (not for 3 more months now, Yay!) and addressing the specific needs of my kids. Now I know why guys go gray and bald so fast.

Some might advise me to give up on one thing or another to lighten the load. However with each thing I find a necessary link. My book writing is my creative outlet. Far less expensive and less messy than painting, it is also something that may make me famous and maybe rich someday. Whee!!!! Family History for others is intended to supply me with supplemental income. Personal Family History is because of two reasons. We are commanded to and gosh darn it, I love to do it. The house, yard, cars, etc just comes with the life of a homeowner who needs to drive to get anywhere.

Hopefully I can wrap up some of the smaller components of each and feel less crowded. Fortitude I need but I need time more.

No comments: