Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Church History Library

I attended the Church History Library dedication today with my Dad. We arrived an hour before it started and proceeded to sit on some moderately hard chairs, just watching everybody. The dedication addresses were good but they did seem to be about what was expected. I did enjoy President Thomas S. Monson's talk greatly though. After President Hinckley, it has been hard for a new person at the helm to grow on me, but he is. He is growing on me.
I have been fascinated with the Church history Library as a whole and have for a while, coveted the idea working there. I could say that my relationship with Heidie Davis whom, I had in the past butted heads with has been successfully repaired largely due to her own efforts. In a way, I miss her at the vault but I don't believe she misses it. If she ever returned, I don't know she would be happy. Pauline and I have enjoyed each other and I think she is someone I could really work for and enjoy. I know little about conservation and so I am uncertain I could get far with Chris McAfee. I really think I could be happy there.
I would love to peruse the Church History Library and plan on making use of it. I would love so much to spend more time there but my distance out at the vault makes that hard. I want to grow in the church corporate sphere but I am uncertain where that would get me. Maybe someday i will be fortunate enough to serve in a different capacity that pays better. We'll see.

No comments: