Followers

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Oncoming Winter

I have thoroughly enjoyed the past summer in may ways. I got to grow my first successful garden. I have had two main attempts in the past, one of which I abandoned when I moved to Utah from Oregon, the other of which was a more lazy, half-hearted attempt that resulted solely in tomatoes with blossom-end rot. This year, however, I turned my backayrd upside down and grew what is likely to be a record yield of tomatoes per plant in my memory of gardens, even those growing up. I also planted one pepper which spent most of its existence under the canopy of the broad leaves of the nearby pumpkin plant which grew like the monster pumpkin plant from Oblivion. It took over half of the backyard and I now have about fifteen full sized pumpkins, six of which are harvested and the remainder are not far behind. I got my front yard looking very good and I fully intend to take it up a notch next year.
Winter, however is a different story. I have so much I want to do inside this box I call a house. It has so much that needs to be done. The things that are most obvious are also the ones that cost money. So a list has started but I need to focus more on the day to day, starting with myself. Well see how that goes.

No comments: