Followers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Forever Strong

I saw the movie "Forever Strong" rater late in its popularity. It was only a few months ago but ever since then I have dwelled on the lessons it teaches. I bought a copy not long after seeing it and we watched it together as a family for Family Home Evening. I think the message was mostly lost on the kids who wasn't interested in anything that wasn't animated. Samuel picked up a few things but it didn't last long. I didn't expect it to, but I am hoping to see some of those lessons to sink in over time.
I watched it again twice yesterday and though I wouldn't say I learned any new principles, I did gain an ewer resolve to do better in my own life. There are a lot of things I just mess with and don't really focus on to see it through and stick with it. I have so many little things and several big things I need to do and I am never really sure how I am going to execute things. Unfortunately I tend to manage my life by crisis and my energy is focused on the things (or person) that is screaming the loudest. I think that is partially due to being behind on so many things and having so many messes to clean up. I work hard and long to get them cleaned up and after I make some real progress, I fail to put in the effort to keep them in good shape. I am tired and think I deserve a bit of a break. Things begin to retrogress and they end up in the same terrible shape as before. it is a vicious cycle that needs to break but I haven't gotten the grit and resolve to keep working to maintain things in good shape.
I think a few things that might help are to do a few little one-time things. Get some small victories to keep my motivation going. I then need to get a few things scheduled and work hard to keep those 'appointments' like exercising. if I can keep them I should do well. lastly, I need to control how much I eat. I have done pretty good over the past few days until yesterday when I ate a lot of junk during the BYU-SDSU game.
One more thing. I need to keep my commitments to Elizabeth about what I have volunteered to take care of around the house. One of those things is the laundry. I would wash it if she would fold it and put it away. I have done lousy.
I have a lot to do but I think I can do it if I knuckle down, get to it and stick with it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Don't beat yourself up. You do a lot around here. I don't expect you to do everything. I love you.